Understanding the culture of organisations and planning for change is something that senior managers and company leaders need to master in order to be effective. This course will equip them to identify and assess the main cultures found within organisations, to create competitive environments within them, and to design plans to develop desired company culture.
Topics covered are:
- Demystifying Culture – understanding the cultures and behaviours that organisations adopt, and what employees place value on.
- Competitive Culture Framework- understanding customer needs and how to engage them, valuing and equipping employees, creating a results-orientated workplace, improving efficiency, reliability, and predictability of decision making and procedures.
- Mapping the Organisation’s Cultural Shifts – identifying deficiencies, what to do to improve effectiveness and the competencies required to make a difference, identifying barriers to change and developing strategy to change gear.
You will attend classroom presentations, watch videos, be given recommended reading, participate in group discussions and work in teams using your company’s capacity-building strategy benchmark against international organisations as case studies.
The master class is aimed at senior managers, senior human resources managers, and strategic leadership teams of organizations.
A learning investment
At the end of this master class, you will be able to:
- Identify the dominant organisational culture and understand how this affects performance
- Apply the competitive culture framework
- Map cultural shifts
- Design a development plan to guide cultural change
Presented by USB-ED
This is one of the most enjoyable courses I've been on. All my expectations (and more) had been met. I needed to be in the starting blocks and ready after this course, and I’ve not been disappointed. I’m looking forward to the rest of the journey! I personally appreciated the approach, and I plan to share it to my team as I believe we can benefit immediately from the methods suggested - to resolve any problem or concern in our working environment.
This course was a real eye opener. It’s one of those rare courses where you can apply the tools so easily in the organisation. The video assignment was the engine for mastering the tool and applying it on the job. The results have been fantastic with the amount of ideas gathered identifying business priorities… The Big Picture! At Tropic Knits we trust that by using the Design Thinking and Innovation tool we will create a strong collaboration across departments, and wild and amazing ideas will flourish!
The 'Mastering Innovation and Design Thinking' course opened my mind to a new way of finding the appropriate solution, thanks to using a collaborative approach. This has changed my leadership mindset. Thanks to this course all my collaborators can now be involved in the decision-making process from start to finish. The facilitator provided us with concrete examples that helped us to transform new challenges into great opportunities.