This Master Class equips participants to define and clarify challenging systems and to effectively apply the innovative tools. Innovation that supports business strategy and implementation across all areas of the organization is the focus. The importance of logical, emotional and contextual contributions to implementing innovative tools is highlighted.
The Master Class uses a blended learning model drawn from Harvard Business School’s philosophy on linking innovation and system purpose. It includes group facilitation, group conversations, individual and teamwork, and a virtual learning platform. The following subject areas are covered:
- Framework for innovation and design thinking
- Context and problem clarification
- Ideation: Introduction to innovation and design thinking tools, clarifying motivation, diversity in thinking styles and managing innovators
- Key tools for structuring and selecting between ideas
- Trade-offs and continuous improvement
- Impact / difficulty matrix
- Continuous implementation and sustainability
The course is aimed at senior managers, business owners, functional heads and business unit leaders who are responsible for, or who aspire to contributing to, the strategic process. The course will build awareness and improve their ability to lead innovation in business and increase the innovation capability of their organisations.
A Learning Investment
After completion of the master class, you will be equipped to:
- Discover and outline strategic challenges,
- Apply innovative tools and design thinking tools and techniques,
- Influence continuous improvement by implementing and measuring innovation application: Day 1 vs Day 100.
This Master Class is MQA approved, HRDC refundable.
This is one of the most enjoyable courses I've been on. All my expectations (and more) had been met. I needed to be in the starting blocks and ready after this course, and I’ve not been disappointed. I’m looking forward to the rest of the journey! I personally appreciated the approach, and I plan to share it to my team as I believe we can benefit immediately from the methods suggested - to resolve any problem or concern in our working environment.
- Front End Manager - Tropic Knits Group
This course was a real eye opener. It’s one of those rare courses where you can apply the tools so easily in the organisation. The video assignment was the engine for mastering the tool and applying it on the job. The results have been fantastic with the amount of ideas gathered identifying business priorities… The Big Picture! At Tropic Knits we trust that by using the Design Thinking and Innovation tool we will create a strong collaboration across departments, and wild and amazing ideas will flourish!
- Head of IBL Life
The 'Mastering Innovation and Design Thinking' course opened my mind to a new way of finding the appropriate solution, thanks to using a collaborative approach. This has changed my leadership mindset. Thanks to this course all my collaborators can now be involved in the decision-making process from start to finish. The facilitator provided us with concrete examples that helped us to transform new challenges into great opportunities.